Hello friends! Today we will be sharing our families favorite “thin crust cookie” recipe! These cookies are thin (obviously), light, and pair perfectly with afternoon tea/chai! This recipe was aptly named by one of our fave friends (you know who you are)! If you’re looking for a cinnamony (is that even a word), chewy, eggless cookies you should definitely try this recipe! Hope y’all enjoy!!
Ingredients (makes about 1 dozen cookies):
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 tspns vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons yogurt (greek yogurt or indian dahi works best as this is a substitute for the eggs)
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and yogurt to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a dough forms. Do not over mix!
- Take one tablespoon of cookie dough, and form into a round ball.
- In a zip-lock bag (preferable) or bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar topping for the cookies.
- Take the cookie dough balls and cover them in the cinnamon sugar. When using a zip-lock bag place the cookie dough balls into the bag and shack to cover the cookies.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet 2-3 inches apart and into the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden in color.
- After the cookies have baked, let them cool off the cookie tray for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the thin crust cookies!