Hello friends and welcome to our blog!! Today’s recipe is our take on MANGO kulfi, with of course our bougie addition of candied saffron pistachios. This kulfi aka Indian ice cream is super creamy, refreshing, and easy to make. Hope y’all enjoy!!
- Mango Ice Cream
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/3 cup mango pulp
- 10 oz condensed milk
- candied pistachios (ingredients below)
- Candied Pistachios
- 1 tbspn butter
- pinch saffron (3-4 strands)
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tbspns sugar
- Candied Pistachios:
- Melt butter over low-medium heat in saucepan.
- Once butter has melted add pinch of saffron.
- Add pistachios and saute.
- Once pistachios are coated with butter mixture add sugar and stir.
- Let sugar-pistachio mixture caramelize while stirring frequently. Once the sugar has dissolved let the mixture cool. You’ll know the pistachio mixture is done because it should be crunch!
- Mango Ice Cream (makes about 1/2 gallon of ice cream)
- Whip the heavy whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the mango and condensed milk.
- Add the caramelized pistachios to the mango ice cream mixture.
- Pour into a freezer safe dish and freeze overnight.
- Let the ice cream sit out for 10 minutes for easier scooping.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls and garnish with pistachios! Enjoy.