Hello friends! Hope y’all are doing well! The weather has been getting chillier lately, and you know what that means! FALL and all the warm and fuzzy feelings that come with it INCLUDING my personal favorite pumpkin spiced baked goodies and coffee! Today we have for you an amazing gluten free cookie! It’s chocolatey, with chunks of pecan, and of course pumpkin spiced! Hope y’all enjoy! This recipe makes about 40 cookies 🙂
- 1 cup salted butter (OR 1 unsalted +1 tspn salt~ any vegan butter substitute)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I used half Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour and King Arthur GF 1:1 Flour)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 1/4 tspn baking soda
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon powder
- 2 tbspns ground flax seed
- 6 tbspns pumpkin butter (I used the Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tbspns yogurt (any yogurt will work, we used nonfat vanilla yogurt however, vegan yogurt will also work)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (you can substitute this for any dried fruit or nuts)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, you can substitute for any dried fruits, nuts, or chocolate)
**My fave vegan substitutes are; Miyoko’s & and Earth Balance for butter and Kite Hill for vegan yogurt!**
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup of butter (About 2 minutes).
- After the butter has melted, add the white sugar and brown sugar and whisk together. Set the wet mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and ground flax seed.
- Add the pumpkin butter, vanilla extract, and yogurt to the wet mixture bowl.
- Slowly, combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- After they are well combined fold in the pecans and chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Now chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors develop (cookies can be refrigerated overnight). This is a very important step please do not skip otherwise the cookies will spread when baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the chilled cookie dough and roll into cookie dough balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 1.5 inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden and set. Enjoy!