Hello Friends! It’s been a while, I’m so sorry! To sweeten the wait, I bring to you a one-bowl chocolate cake!! The cake itself has a deep chocolatey flavor, and is conveniently vegan! The ganache is a silky decadent sauce that you’ll want to drink! This cake comes together in minutes and is perfect for any occasion. Can’t wait for y’all to try it out! This recipe makes one 9×9 cake that I ended up making into two loaves!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- .5 cup cocoa powder
- .75 cup sugar
- .5 tspn baking powder
- .5 tspn baking soda
- 3 tbspns yogurt (greek or any vegan alternative works)
- 1 cup warm coffee
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (can mix in other things like nuts, dried fruits, and other baking chips like peanut butter, white chocolate, or even butterscotch)
- 2/3 cup chocolate (I used semi-sweet chips but, any good quality chocolate chopped up works)
- 2 tbspns unsalted butter (I used earth balance for a vegan alternative)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (can use coconut milk or cashew milk for a vegan alternative)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray or butter a 9×9 non-stick cake pan with a neutral oil or butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Once the dry ingredients are combined, add in the yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Stir together.
- Gently fold in the warm coffee into the mixture and whisk the mixture together until there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or your choice of mix-in.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean (without raw batter on it). Let the cake cool and enjoy as is or with the ganache poured on top!
- In a medium saucepan, on medium to low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Once the mixture has melted, add in the sugar and heavy whipping cream.
- Stir the mixture frequently to prevent lumps and to help the mixture come together into a homogenous sauce.
- Once the mixture has melted together and there are no lumps, you have ganache! Let the mixture cool to room temperature before using it on the chocolate cake or any other desserts you can think of! Or you can just eat it as is, we don’t judge here. 🙂