Hello friends! Hope y’all are doing well! Today I bring to you tandoori tofu tikkis! These healthyish patties, are filled with all the flavors of a paneer kabob but without the guilt of eating paneer! They are delicious, nutritious, and super simple to make! I’ve included a bonus easy coleslaw recipe, because we usually eat these as burgers with turmeric buns 🙂 This recipe makes about 15 tikkis 🙂
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 tspn salt (or to taste)
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 1.5 tspn tandoori bbq masala (can be omitted if you can’t find this)
- 1 tspn channa masala
- 1/4 tspn turmeric powder
- 2 cups chopped veggies
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1/2 tbspn soy sauce
- 3 tbspns corn starch
- 1.5 tbspn yogurt (vegan yogurt can be used, we love kite hill!)
- 1. 5 tbspn chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs +salt to taste
- oil spray
- Crumble the tofu in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the salt, garam masala, tandoori bbq masala, channa masala, and turmeric to the crumbled tofu.
- In a separate medium sized saucepan, sauté the veggies with 1 tbspn olive oil, and the soy sauce.
- Combine the veggies and the crumbled tofu mixture.
- Add the corn starch, yogurt, and chickpea flour to the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into burger sized patties, and freeze on a parchment lined baking sheet for an hour.
- After the hour in the freezer, preheat the oven to 415 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil spray (we use an avocado oil spray).
- Take the patties and re-shape into your desired shape, and coat with breadcrumbs. The mixture should be wet enough for the breadcrumbs to stick on as is. Place the formed patties onto the baking sheet.
- Spray the formed patties on the baking sheet with the oil spray, and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy on one side.
- After 15 minutes, flip the patties to the other side and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Let the patties cool and enjoy as is or with the turmeric buns, coleslaw, and creamy jalapeno as we did!
Easy Coleslaw Recipe:
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (white and purple look beautiful together) and carrots (kale can be added too!)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tspns lemon juice
- .5 tspn salt (or to taste)
- 1 tspn poppy seeds
- Stir all ingredients together and let sit in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes to let the flavors develop! ENJOY 🙂