Hello friends! During quarantine times, I’ve gotten a *bit* more comfortable with my old foe YEAST. The other day when making the tandoori tofu tikkis, I wanted to complete the meal with some AMAZING BUNS. I wanted something that’d compliment the flavors of the tikkis and I came up with these. Hope y’all enjoy! This recipe makes about 8 buns.
- 2 cups milk (whole milk and almond milk work very well)
- 4 tspns yeast
- 2 tspns sugar
- 2 tspns salt
- 2 tspns kastoori methi (optional, can be found in most indian grocery stores)
- 1.5 tspns turmeric powder
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tbspn butter to grease the pan
- Warm milk for about 45 seconds, or until warm not hot.
- Add the yeast and sugar to the milk. Let the mixture bloom for 10 minutes. The yeast should bloom and grow.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients, the salt, kastoori methi, turmeric, and bread flour.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and knead into a dough.
- Let the mixture rest in a warm, dry area, with a towel over the dough for 1.5 hour or longer.
- After the mixture has risen for 1.5 hour, preheat the oven to 415 degrees fahrenheit.
- Knead the dough mixture again. Divide into 8 equally sized dough balls.
- Grease a baking sheet, and place the dough balls onto the sheet and into the oven to bake for about 20 minutes. Once they have baked cool completely, and enjoy!