Howdy YALL! Today we bring to you these amazing, soft, gooey rolls! These rolls have my amazing apple pie filling in them and a cream cheese frosting on top. I personally consider these are healthy because they are whole wheat right? If you’d like to veganize this recipe all you have to do is use vegan butter and cream cheese to make these VEGAN 🙂 YUMMM, hope yall enjoy, I know my friends did 🙂
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tbspn sugar
- 1 envelope instant rapid yeast (2.25 tspns)
- 1/2 tspn cinammon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter +1/4 cup to butter bottom of the pan
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple butter
- 2/3 cup apple pie filling (https://kookingwiththekapoors.com/2020/09/24/apple-pie-filling/)
- 1.5 tspn cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbspns almond milk
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting (OR you can double the above ingredients for a non cream cheese frosting)
- Nuke (Microwave) the almond milk for 1 minute or until 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the tablespoon sugar and yeast packet. Let sit for 10 minutes (mixture should be foamy).
- Combine cinnamon, rest of sugar, flour, vanilla, and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Knead the mixture until well combined. And let sit for 1.5 hours-2 hours in a dry warm place.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the dough has risen. Roll the dough out into a rectangular shape that is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Combine the filling ingredients (brown sugar, apple butter, apple pie filling, and cinnamon).
- Spread the filling ingredients onto the dough. Roll the dough into a cinnamon roll log.
- Cut into about 18 cinnamon rolls.
- Grease a 16 inch pan and place the rolls inside.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Whisk the ingredients for the frosting (powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla together) once combined add the cream cheese frosting (recipe here: https://kookingwiththekapoors.com/2020/12/09/cream-cheese-frosting/)
- While hot frost the cinnamon rolls! Enjoy 🙂