Y’all I made PEKAN PIE (insert southern accent here). I won’t be posting to the instagram because honestly, I suck at taking pictures of my food and I have no patience. BUT I promise y’all (channeling my inner southern auntie) that this pecan pie is amazing and delicious and of course “slightly” healthier because it has dates in it 🙂 Hope y’all enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 2 tbspns ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tbspns butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cup pecans
- 1 eggless pie crust (prepare according to instructions)
- In a mixer blend maple syrup, dates, flax seed, pecans, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Set the mixture aside.
- In a sauce pan on low heat, melt butter.
- After the butter has melted, add the brown sugar and white sugar.
- Let the sugar melt into the butter on low heat. Mixture should be homogenous.
- Combine the maple syrup mixture with the butter mixture.
- Put pecans into the pie crust.
- Pour in the liquid mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until filling has set. Let cool for an hour and enjoy!!