Howdy y’all! Our family, loves an easy weeknight recipe. This recipe is hearty, nutritious, and delicious!! It’s the ideal recipe for a cold winter dinner! As you can see doggo loves it too. 🙂
- 2.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbspns neutral oil
- 1 sliced orange bell pepper
- 1 sliced poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup corn
- 1.5 tbspns taco seasoning
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1/2 tspn paprika
- 1/2 tspn chili powder
- 1 tspn oregano
- 1 can 1(5 oz.) black beans
- salt to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat add oil.
- Once the oil has heated add bell pepper, poblano pepper, and red onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the peppers and onions are fragrant and have caramelized. (You can switch out these vegetables for about 1.5 cup of different veggies!)
- Add the corn and taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and oregano.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add drained black beans to vegetable mixture.
- Mix the vegetable-black bean mixture with the cooked quinoa and salsa.
- Place the quinoa-vegetable-black bean mixture in a 8×8 pan.
- Add shredded cheese on top!
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted. Enjoy!