Hello friends! Today I will share with you my family and friends favorite brunch item that I make! TOFU SCRAMBLE! I know it’s relatively easy to make and everyone has their own versions BUT, I promise that y’all will love this version and it’ll make an appearance on all of your favorite brunches! This tofu scramble is packed with umami flavors and veggies!
- 1 tbspn oil
- 3/4 cup frozen kale (or any veggies really)
- 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1/2 tspn chili powder
- 1/2 tspn cayenne or paprika powder
- 1/2 tspn chili flakes
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- 1/4 tspn pink salt (for that eggy flavor)
- 3 tbspn nutritional yeast
- 1 tbspn liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tbspn apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add frozen kale and tomatoes (or 1 cup veggies of your choosing).
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes on low heat or until cooked through.
- Crumble up the block of tofu and add it to the veggie mixture in the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, chili, cayenne/paprika, chili flakes, turmeric, and pink salt. Sauté the mixture until it is well-incorporated.
- Let the mixture cook for about a minute and then add nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, vinegar, and salt.
- Sauté and let cook for 5 more minutes. Make sure you don’t let the bottom burn!
- Once the mixture has cooled, enjoy!!
One thought on “Tofu Scramble”
[…] Tofu Scramble — Kooking with the Kapoors […]