Hello friends!! After a LONG break from the blog we are BACK! We are starting off with our current favorite holiday appetizer EGG ROLLS. Now these rolls aren’t the prettiest on our holiday table, but they are first appetizers finished! These rolls are crispy, cheesy, and have some hidden veggies in them as well. We hope you enjoy them!
- 1.5 tbspn olive oil
- 2 thai chili’s finely chopped
- 1/3 of an onions chopped (about 120 grams)
- 1 can black beans
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup corn (frozen, fresh, or canned works)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped vegetables (we used cabbage)
- 1.5 tbspn taco seasoning
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn salt or to taste
- 2/3 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers (we used Nasoya vegan egg roll wrappers)
- In a saucepan, on medium heat up the olive oil.
- Once warmed, add chopped onion and chilis. Sauté until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the black beans, salsa, and cream cheese. And combine the mixture thoroughly.
- Once the mixture is heated through, add the corn, vegetables, taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Sauté the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Once the mixture has cooled, fill the eggroll wrappers with the mixture. You will want to fill the wrappers at a diagonal, fold the two edges in, and seal with water.
- Airfry or bake the eggrolls for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip the eggrolls about halfway through baking.
- Finally ENJOY the amazing black bean eggrolls you just made!