Hello friends! Wanted to create a list of my favorite DC restaurants (pictures can be seen on my Instagram KookingwiththeKapoors). This will be a dynamic list of my favorite restaurants and eats in the area! I’ll try to post pictures along with the list soon!
MY FAVE DC/NOVA NOMS:
- Zaytinya: It’s a middle eastern restaurant with amazing vegetarian and vegan dishes! If you don’t eat eggs or are vegan make sure to request the vegan pita bread! My tried and true favorites at this place are the Baba Ghannouge, Hommus, Crispy Brussels, Falafel, Imam Bayildi and of course the Turkish coffee! I’m super excited to checkout their Halloumi Pide when I go next 🙂
- 701 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Rasika: Is an amazing higher end, modern Indian Restaurant. I went here for a belated Galentine’s Day and really enjoyed the place. I’m an Indian food snob and this place blew my mind. When I went I did the four course vegetarian tasting menu and it was SO much food. I really enjoyed the experience and food! My tried and true favorites were the Palak Chaat, the Dal Makhani (which gets cooked for 6 hours! LOVE LOVE LOVED it), the Mint Paratha (it was a weird try for me but I LOVED it), and of course the Paneer Tikka Masala. We also got to try the amazing orange fennel ice cream which paired amazingly with the gulab jamun. I loved the concept of the apple jalebi and the kofta dish was a great addition for someone who loves spice!
- Penn Quarter and West End Locations
- Curry &Pie –Restaurant Review: CURRY & PIE DC for Indian PIZZA and some amazing Indian food.
- Taim-Restaurant Review: TAIM-DC for THE BEST falafel I’ve eaten in the continental United States (she said what she said).
- NuVegan- Restaurant Review: NuVegan DC for amazing Southern Vegan Food
- Busboys and Poets- https://www.busboysandpoets.com/ Has always been a tried for me for comforting vegan and vegetarian noms.
- Galaxy Hut and Space Bar- https://galaxyhut.com/; https://spcbr.com/ Have my favorite grilled cheese sandwiches in the world.
- NiceCream- for my favorite ice cream in the Arlington, VA area 🙂 https://www.nicecream.com/
- Sugar Shack- for the best vegan samoa doughnut I’ve had in my life https://www.sugarshackdonuts.com/.
- Midnight Treats- are amazing for thick vegan cookies!! https://www.midnightreats.com/
- Dessert Lounge- in the suburbs is best for Indian ice cream and snacks! https://www.dessertloungeone.com/#/
- Ambar Clarendon- For vegetarian/vegan friendly Balkan cuisine. https://www.ambarrestaurant.com/menu-clarendon/
- Sheesh Kabob/Grill- for Afghanistani food that is vegetarian and vegan friendly! https://www.sheeshgrill.com/
- Agora- for an amazing middle eastern brunch ( 3 words- UNLIMITED FRESH PITA). https://agoradc.net/