Helloooo friends! If y’all want the best comfort food ever you have to make this dish. This mac n cheese has it ALL. It’s CHEESY, and spicy (JUST LIKE ME). This recipe can easily be doubled (OR TRIPLED haha) to serve a bigger crowd. Hope y’all enjoy! 🙂
- 1.5 cup pasta (reserve 1/2 a cup pasta water)
- .5 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 medium white or yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2ish cloves)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- .5 teaspoon onion powder
- .25 teaspoon mustard powder
- .5 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cheez whiz or velveeta (our family is a cheez whiz family)
- 1.5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pasta water
- 3 oz grated cheese (we used a medium cheddar)
- .25 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- salt to taste
- Boil pasta of your choice until al dente (reserve about 1/2 a cup pasta water)
- On a medium flame melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until cooked thru.
- Add the garlic to the saucepan and saute about 2-3 minutes on low medium flame or until cooked thru.
- Add chili pepper,onion powder, mustard powder, paprika, cheez whiz, cream cheese, and milk to the saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture together on a low medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 ounces of the grated cheese.
- Add the reserved pasta water tablespoon at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. I used about 2-3.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and cover the pasta well.
- Transfer the pasta to an oven safe baking dish and cover with breadcrumbs and cheese and broil until cheese has melted. (Please keep watch so that the mac n cheese doesn’t burn!).